Saturday 23 February 2013

Tattered Rose Bag

 
These flowers were the product of a rainy weekend 12 months ago, and I have been saving them for a special project.  These bags were being used by some crafty ladies locally with yo-yo flowers, which were nice....but didn't float my boat.  Then the whole 'lightbulb' moment happened and I remembered the flowers I had stashed away! 
I have used my 'ever so faithful' Tim Holtz Tattered Rose die, to cut cardstock, felt, tulle, and organza. Then layered the flowers up, and pinned together with a decorative brad.  I have also assembled some of the layers with stamens (from my flower stash) and stitched together.  The completed flowers were glued onto the hessian bags.  Now my girlfriend and I go to retreats together with our albums in our matching bags.

1 comment:

  1. Love love love this so unique and so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete